Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Information
RV Insurance in North Carolina
Recreational vehicle owners in North Carolina face unique risks. You could risk significant out-of-pocket costs following an accident without the right insurance policy. The team at McKinney Ins & Fin Services is here to help you find the recreational vehicle insurance policy. Contact us today to get started.
How Does RV Insurance Differ From Auto Insurance?
RV insurance differs from auto insurance in several crucial ways, ensuring that you have the right protection for your home on wheels. While auto insurance typically covers liability and property damage, RV insurance goes beyond that. It provides coverage for the specific risks and challenges RV owners face, such as damage to the living area, attached accessories and personal belongings. Additionally, RV insurance often includes coverage for awnings, satellite dishes and other specialized equipment.
Secondly, RV insurance recognizes that your RV is a vehicle and a home. As such, it offers additional coverage options to protect your personal property, appliances and even the contents of your storage compartments. This unique aspect of RV insurance safeguards your investments and ensures peace of mind during your travels.
What Factors Determine the Cost of RV Insurance?
Various factors influence the cost of RV insurance, each contributing to the overall premium. Understanding these factors can help you make informed decisions and find the most suitable coverage at the best possible price. Common factors that affect your cost of RV insurance include the following:
- RV type and size—The size, class and value of your RV play a significant role in determining insurance costs. A larger, more expensive motorhome will typically have higher premiums than a smaller, towable RV.
- Usage and mileage—How often and for what purposes you use your RV can affect your insurance rates. Full-time RVers may have different coverage needs than occasional travelers, and insurers take this into account.
- Driving record—Like auto insurance, your driving history and record will impact your RV insurance rates. A clean driving record and responsible driving history may lead to lower premiums.
- Location—Insurance rates may vary depending on where you live or store your RV. Factors such as local weather conditions, crime rates and regional risks can affect the cost of coverage.
- Coverage options—The extent of coverage and optional add-ons you choose will affect the price. Additional protections, such as roadside assistance or coverage for personal belongings, can increase premiums but provide added value. The deductible amount and coverage limits you select will also impact the cost of your RV insurance. Choosing higher deductibles can lower your premium, but remember to set limits that adequately protect your assets.
Where to Get RV Insurance
McKinney Ins & Fin Services is here to help RV owners in Asheville, NC, and the surrounding areas navigate their recreational vehicle insurance needs. Contact us now to learn more about our comprehensive RV insurance plans and find the perfect coverage for your needs. Protect your adventures and enjoy the open road without worry.